Tele Vue-76 APO
With an ultra-smooth heavy duty 2" rack and pinion focuser, with 10:1 finefocus, the Tele Vue 76 APO (total color correction) scope provides the finest color-free optical performance in a compact scope.
TV-76: Recommendations by Al Nagler, telescope designer
- The telescope comes with a 90° diagonal and 20mm Plössl @ 24x. Image is left-right reversed. For astronomical viewing, this diagonal permits the sharpest, brightest hi-power viewing, and also permits using a 2" barrel eyepieces for the widest possible views, up to 11 Moon diameters (287' @ 1000 yards) wide. You may want to consider the optional 60° 1¼" mirror version for top comfort as well as image quality, or the optional 45° erect image diagonal for birding.
- The widest field low-power eyepieces for use with the 45° or 60° diagonals will give 169' @ 1000 yards. Choose either 32mm Plössl* @ 15x or 24mm Panoptic @ 20x.
- For medium power, consider the 12mm Delos* @ 40x or 11mm Nagler @ 44x.
- For higher power, consider the 6mm Delos* @ 80x or 7mm Nagler @ 69x.
- For viewing planets, consider the 3.5mm Delos* or Nagler @ 137x.
- For easy telescope aiming, consider adding the Qwik Point red dot finder.
TV-76: More Information
TV-76: Published Reviews
[T]he view through it puts all the standard scopes in the shade. It is as bright, as sharp, as detailed as we have come to expect from Tele Vue products. I have had it out in field on a regular basis over the past few months and in never fails to provide an impressive view of the bird.
A very impressive accomplishment, and a fine birding scope for those who dare to be different... and who are dedicated to the best view of the bird possible.
[TV-76] offers the sharpest view of any field scope I have ever used, effortlessly reaching powers and distances that are well beyond the capability of any conventional scope. When I am out in the field with it, I always gather a long line of people waiting to see what the bird really looks like.