|TeleVue.com: Telescope Accessories > Bino Vue > How it Works|
Bino Vue comes standard with the Flat Coupler and 2x Amplifier installed on the body. This permits the Bino Vue to be used in all telescopes with just a moderate focuser in-travel requirement. The 2x Amplifier has filter threads to accept 1¼" filters. The Flat Coupler provides enough space for the inclusion of filter without hitting the diagonal mirror when using 2" Tele Vue diagonals and the 2" - 1¼" Tele Vue "High-Hat" adapter.
When considering binocular viewing, we strongly recommend our Bino Vue to preserve the utmost image quality in fine telescopes. Bino Vue, first bought to market in 1995 by Tele Vue has a number of unique attributes that secured its reference quality status:
- 27mm aperture prisms to permit full use of maximum field 1¼" eyepieces such as 24mm Panoptics.
- Multi-coatings and dielectric beamsplitter coatings for highest transmission with neutral coloration.
- Collet-type adjustable eyepiece clamping for non-marring, rock solid security with no chance of high powered collimation loss from screw-type diopter adjustment systems.
- 100% inspection, collimation Q.C. to assure prevention of eyestrain. Factory collimation checking and realignment service available with quick turnaround.
- Lightest weight large prism unit (saves ½-lb).
- 2x Amplifier Corrector fully compensates for introduction of spherical, color and astigmatism in prisms, along with path length compensation -- maintains simple drop-in installation just like any 1¼" eyepiece, while maintaining optimal optical performance in the finest, fastest instruments such as the Tele Vue-NP101is.