Focusmaster™ / Downloads
|TeleVue.com: Article > Focusmaster™ / Downloads|
The Focusmaster Operating Guide (PDF) discusses hardware connections to the Focusmaster and using TVFocusPlus software for motor and Digital Indicator control.
The Focusmaster Autofocus Overview & Setup (PDF) document expands on what is in the Guide. It contains an overview of the closed-loop focusing system (absolute ASCOM driver and Digital Indicator required), images and model numbers of related accessories, and a Maxim DL 4 with ASCOM walkthrough.
Please review the Focusmaster Autofocus Overview & Setup (PDF) and Focusmaster Operating Guide (PDF) documents to decide what components below you need to download. Those documents have the installation instructions. All software is Windows compatible.
Use for displaying Digital Indicator readings on computer without using Focusmaster. More info.
- TVFocusPlus software
Use for manual operation and testing of the Focusmaster. Does not require ASCOM drivers.
- Focusmaster Absolute ASCOM Driver
ASCOM driver if using the Digital Indicator with the Focusmaster.
- Focusmaster Relative ASCOM Driver
ASCOM driver for Focusmaster without Digital Indicator.
- Make sure to have the latest ASCOM platform from ascom-standards.org — the [DOWNLOAD] button is on the right of their front page.
- Run the ASCOM Diagnostic tool that installs with the latest ASCOM platform (Locate in Windows 7: START Button > Search Programs and Files: ASCOM). After running it, click [View Last Log] file in the Diagnostic dialog and search for "Focusmaster" — all instances — to see if it found the driver and if there are any "fails". More info on using the Diagnostic Tool is on the ASCOM-Starndards FAQ.
- The Yahoo! ASCOM-TALK is an official resource you can post questions to.